There were 1,493 properties listed as sold through the Lands of America Comparable Sales Program in January 2017, a 20 percent decrease over the previous month. The total value of all sales was $400 million, with an average sales price of $267,000. The 947-acre MZM Farm in Ford County, Illinois, recorded the highest sales price ($7,071,764) for the month. The largest sold acreage was a 5,410-acre ranch in Upton County, Texas (pictured above), which was sold for $2.5 million on January 2, 2017. Texas, Illinois and Missouri saw the highest combined land sales totals during the month.
A total of 6,207 new listings were added on Lands of America throughout the month, representing a total of $3.6 billion in new rural real estate for sale. Below are some of the notable new additions.
Most Expensive New Listing
CHARLOTTESVILLE | VIRGINIA | $42,100,000 | 4,500 ACRES | PROPERTY ID: 3680885
Charlottesville, Virginia’s Presidential Estates, listed on January 9, 2017, represents a major real-estate investment in a development covering 4,500 acres and over 50 individual land parcels. The area around Charlottesville, home to the University of Virginia, is a growing area that is recognized for its burgeoning wine and craft-brewing scenes—not to mention, unrivaled historic bonafides that include Thomas Jefferson’s hilltop Monticello estate.
Largest New Listing
YAVAPAI COUNTY | ARIZONA | $22,000,000 | 94,289 ACRES | PROPERTY ID: 3703914
The O X Ranch is a beautiful desert ranch, highly improved for an efficient livestock operation. The headquarters is situated in a lush valley surrounded by the desert ranges of central Arizona. It is located close to the unique cowboy atmosphere of Wickenburg, which has all the amenities of a small town and is isolated enough for the quiet enjoyment of the desert scenery. The combination of rangeland and irrigated pastures allows great flexibility for a cattle or horse operation. The headquarters site has been studied as an ideal location for a resort operation utilizing the vast expanse of the ranch property for recreation, scientific studies and horse and cattle experiences. The Little Horse Ranch (included as part of this sale) adds to the O X Ranch with summer grazing for a substantial portion of the O X calf crop, increasing the flexibility of the overall operations and expanding the marketing opportunities for the ranch calves.
Counties With Most New Land for Sale
- Lee County, Florida (55 new listings) — Centered around the Fort Myers area, land for sale in Lee County is largely commercial and undeveloped acreage.
- Park County, Colorado (52 new listings) — Situated west of Colorado Springs, Park County is home to many recreational and cattle ranches among the foothills of Colorado’s 14ers
- Routt County, Colorado (47 new listings) — Routt County sits amidst some of the most epic mountain scenery of the American West, smack-dab in the heart of the Rockies.
- Henderson County, Texas (45 new listings) — Henderson is a county in the exurbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area.
- Archer County, Texas (42 new listings) — Archer County sits south of Wichita Falls in the Panhandle Plains region of north central Texas.
Most Searched Counties
Below are the ten most searched counties on Lands of America during the month:
- Edwards County, Texas
- Gillespie County, Texas (+1)
- Bandera County, Texas (-1)
- Kerr County, Texas (-2)
- Burnet County, Texas
- Williamson County, Texas (+1)
- Parker County, Texas (-1)
- McLennan County, Texas (+1)
- Kimble County, Texas (NEW)
- Houston County, Texas (NEW)
Below are the ten most searched non-Texas counties on Lands of America in January 2017:
- Marion County, Florida
- Pushmataha County, Oklahoma
- Klamath County, Oregon
- Cochise County, Arizona
- Huerfano County, Colorado
- Kenai Peninsula County, Alaska
- San Bernardino County, California
- Catron County, New Mexico
- Le Flore County, Oklahoma
- Yavapai County, Arizona
Land buyers can access our comprehensive database of historic sales information by purchasing a LandInsights account ($199/year), while platinum and basic sellers receive complimentary access through the Lands of America Property Control Center.