There were more than 1,900 properties listed as sold through the Lands of America Comparable Sales program in October 2018, totaling over $603 million of sold land and rural real estate across 45 states. This represents an 8 percent increase in sales activity over September 2018.
Texas, California and Colorado saw the most land sales during the month, while Henderson County, Texas, Sumner County, Tennessee, and Cochise County, Arizona, registered the most individual sales based on information submitted through the Lands of America Comparable Sales program.
Listed as sold on October 18, 2018, by Whitetail Properties broker Aaron Ablondi, this Henderson County ranch is a fully loaded, upscale recreational retreat less than two hours from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. A large 15,000-square-foot home is the property’s centerpiece, while three private lakes offer stocked fishing; wildlife here numbers wild hog, whitetail deer, bobcat, coyote and other small game. This was the most expensive sale recorded in October through the Lands of America Comparable Sales program.
Listed as sold on October 1, Dave Banzhaf, broker/owner of Englewood, Colorado-based Beacon Mountain Farm & Ranch, registered the month’s biggest land deal with his sale of 7,000-acre Reyher Farm. The farm, straddling portions of Bent and Prowess counties in southeast Colorado’s agricultural belt, is set up for cattle grazing, alfalfa pellet production and farming of crops including corn. The well-irrigated acreage includes a cattle-feeding facility with a 22,000-head capacity plus alfalfa pellet mill capable of producing six tons of pellets per hour.
Out of almost 85,000 newly listed properties across the Land.com Network’s online marketplaces, below are some notable new listings on the market as of October.
Largest new land listing
Lost in Time Ranch was not only the largest new land listing to be featured on the Land.com Network in October, it is also currently one of the largest deeded acreages for sale throughout the country. Located in the heart of cattle country where Texan cowboys first brought their cattle to summer in the late 1800s, this sprawling ranch sits 20 miles south of Wibaux, Montana, off Highway 7. Bill Bahny with Helena, Montana-based Bill Bahny & Associates is the listing broker.
Read more: 10 Biggest Ranches for Sale in America
Most expensive new land listing
Hilarides Dairy is a large, productive farm operation in the heart of Central California’s farm belt. The facility features milking parlors, cattle facilities, processing equipment, feedlots and more. It also includes a cheese-making facility and visitor amenities. Tulare County leads the nation in dairy production and is among the country’s top three farm counties. Arnel Koster with Visalia, California-based Schuil & Associates is the listing broker.
Counties with most new land for sale
Below are the five counties with the most new land listed for sale in October 2018:
- Maricopa County, Arizona | Comprising the booming Phoenix metropolitan area, Maricopa County is the fastest growing county in the country in terms of population growth.
- Los Angeles County, California | As you’d expect of the country’s second-most populous city, land for sale in Los Angeles County largely comprises acreage for commercial and residential development.
- Riverside County, California | Riverside County is a large county in Southern California that stretches from the L.A. sprawl across Palm Springs into the desert around Joshua Tree National Park. The county was recently ranked third in population growth among large counties nationwide, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report.
- San Bernardino County, California | Spreading northeast from L.A., San Bernardino County comprises everything from residential and equestrian estates to the orchards and agricultural acreage that drive the massive California farm economy.
- Yavapai County, Arizona | Yavapai County regularly features among the top counties in the country with the most new land listings for sale on the Land.com Network. The county covers both the Prescott metro area and the western half of Sedona.
Most searched counties
Below are the ten most searched counties on Lands of America in October 2018:
Edwards County, Texas (+1)
Kerr County, Texas (+1)
Bandera County, Texas (-2)
Gillespie County, Texas (+1)
Burnet County, Texas (-1)
Blanco County, Texas
Henderson County, Texas (+2)
Bosque County, Texas
Parker County, Texas (-2)
Val Verde County, Texas (NEW)
Below are the ten most searched non-Texas counties on Lands of America in October 2018:
Apache County, Arizona
Klamath County, Oregon
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico
Huerfano County, Colorado
Marion County, Florida
Cochise County, Arizona
Catron County, New Mexico
Park County, Colorado
Las Animas County, Colorado
Yavapai County, Arizona
Top-performing land brokers
Based on brokers participating in the Lands of America Comparable Sales Program, below are our Brokers of the Week for land sales completed during the month. Congratulations to these individuals!