There were almost 1,800 properties listed as sold through the Lands of America Comparable Sales Program in September 2017. The total value of all sales was $598 million, comprising approximately 207,000 acres of land in 46 states throughout the country.
The month’s largest recorded land sale was of New Mexico’s 27,905-acre Torrance County Ranch, while the sale of $26.5 million Silver Mountain Ranch in Colorado’s Huerfano County came in as the most expensive land sale during the month.
Over 37,000 new listings were added by sellers on the Land.com Network throughout the month, representing over $14 billion in new rural real estate for sale in over 2,500 counties throughout the country. Below are several notable new additions.
Most Expensive New Land Listing
Veale Ranch is a unique real-estate opportunity just 11 miles from downtown Fort Worth, Texas. Occupying 3,790 acres across Tarrant and Parker counties, the working cattle ranch has been owned by the Veale family since 1935. It was listed for sale at $95 million through Republic Ranches on September 27, 2017. Read more about the Veale Ranch listing here.
Largest New Land Listing
Diamond S Ranch is a 88,716-acre working cattle ranch set in the Sonoran Desert to the west of Phoenix. It has a carrying capacity of just over 250 head of adult cattle year-round, with a good number of wells and stock tanks to support livestock in this arid region of the American West. Although large in its totality, most of the ranch’s acreage is under lease from the Bureau of Land Management or state of Arizona. Its deeded acreage is 350 acres.
Counties With Most New Land for Sale
New land was listed for sale in a total of 2,557 counties throughout the country, representing about 80 percent of counties in the United States. Below are the five counties with the most new land listed for sale in September 2017:
- San Bernardino County, California (319 new listings) — Spreading northeast from L.A., San Bernardino County comprises everything from residential and equestrian estates to the orchards and agricultural acreage that drive the massive California farm economy.
- Lee County, Florida (295 new listings) — Centered around the Fort Myers area, land for sale in Lee County is largely commercial and undeveloped acreage.
- Marquette County, Michigan (274 new listings) — Set on the shores of Lake Superior looking out toward Canada, Marquette County is Michigan’s largest county by land area as well the most populated region of the state’s Upper Peninsula.
- Los Angeles County, California (212 new listings) — As you’d expect of the country’s second-most populous city, land for sale in Los Angeles County largely comprises acreage for commercial and residential development.
- Maricopa County, Arizona (210 new listings) — Comprising the booming Phoenix metropolitan area, Maricopa County is the fastest growing county in the country in terms of its population growth.
Most Searched Counties
Below are the ten most searched counties on Lands of America in September 2017:
- Burnet County, Texas
- Edwards County, Texas (+1)
- Blanco County, Texas (+3)
- Gillespie County, Texas
- Kerr County, Texas (-3)
- Parker County, Texas (-1)
- Bandera County, Texas
- Comal County, Texas
- Llano County, Texas (+1)
- Henderson County, Texas (-1)
Below are the ten most searched non-Texas counties on Lands of America in September 2017:
- Klamath County, Oregon
- Yavapai County, Arizona
- Navajo County, Arizona
- Huerfano County, Colorado
- Cochise County, Arizona
- Pushmataha County, Oklahoma
- Park County, Wyoming
- San Bernardino County, California
- Park County, Colorado
- Marion County, Florida
Top-performing Land Brokers
Based on brokers participating in the Lands of America Comparable Sales Program, below are our Brokers of the Week for land sales completed during the month. Congratulations to these individuals!
- September 7 – Major Ranch Realty Sells Large Working Cattle Ranch in Central New Mexico
- September 14 – Platte County Ranch Sold in Heart of Southeastern Wyoming’s Productive Rangeland
- September 21 – Clark Company Ranch Real Estate Sells Large California Cattle Ranch
- September 28 – King Land & Water Sells Large Generational Cattle Ranch in the West Texas Borderlands
Land buyers can access our comprehensive database of historic sales information by purchasing a LandInsights account ($199/year), while platinum and basic sellers receive complimentary access through the Lands of America Property Control Center.